Friday, May 23, 2014

How Well Do you Maintain Balance?


Take this short quiz and find out!


If trying to maintain balance in your life makes you feel like a tightrope walker, you're not alone.  Most of us have so many demands on our time and energy, life can feel like a three-ring circus!  Take this quiz to see how well you are meeting responsibilities, while also recognizing and fulfilling personal needs and wants. 

True or False
  
T  or  F    The only way I can successfully manage my life is to take care of myself    
                physically and emotionally.
 
T  or  F    Nurturing myself enlarges my capacity to help others.

T  or  F    I eat healthy and exercise regularly.

T  or  F    I get check-ups, go to the dentist, and take preventative precautions.

T  or  F    I set aside personal, quiet time for myself, whether I'm meditating or simply 
                letting my thoughts drift.

T  or  F    I experience the gifts of each season: ice skating, sledding, beach walks, 
                gardening, hiking, camping, time outside, etc.

T  or  F   Creativity nurtures me.  I do what I love, whether it's cooking , drawing, painting, 
               writing, dancing, singing or another creative pursuit.

T  or  F   Reaching out to others enriches my life.  I spend quality time with family and 
               friends.

T  or  F   Contributing to the world provides connection and purpose, so I give my time, 
               energy and experience where it is most useful.

T  or  F   I notice and heed the emotional signals that tell me I am out of balance: irritability, 
               overwhelm, resentment, etc.

T  or  F    If I feel that I'm catching a cold, I realize that I may have stressed immune system 
                with over activity, so I stop and take care of myself.

T  or  F    When I need or want to, I say no to requests for my time.

T  or  F    I listen to and honor the requests my body makes for things such as a nap, a 
                walk, green vegetables, exercise, etc.

T  or    If I have something planned for myself, I don't toss it aside when someone makes 
                a request of me.

T  or  F    I am busy but I find time to do the things I want to do.
 
T  or  F    I am happy.  I regularly experience well-being, contentment and joy.
     

If you answered false more often than true, you may want to take a look at the questions to which you answered false and see if you can incorporate something its message into your life.  Email or call if you would like to explore this further in a free coaching session.  

As always, if you have a specific question or topic that you would like addressed, please email kimestrykoaching@yahoo.com and your answer may be in the next blog! 
 
 
 

Power and success in 2014 and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment